GAIM 1.5.0

I downloaded and built GAIM 1.5.0 for the Sparc port of Linux and now when I run apt-get dist-upgrade it tells me that it wants to update GAIM when the version already available is older than what I have installed on my computer.  Is there any way I can continue upgrading everything else EXCEPT for GAIM?

I also have the same problem with the 2.2.3 version of Sylpheed which I downloaded a built binaries of for use on my Ultra 5.

I have the .deb files for the Sparc/Debian port for GAIM 1.5.0 if it would be ok for me to contribute them.

FWIW, I am running v3.1 on a Sun U5.

--
(\__/)