Re: Hard disk failure?

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help. I apreciate your time. The hard
disk has faced the problem again today. The problem is that the disk
exhibit the same errors (with different numbers) at boot.

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=43778543,
high=2, low=10224111,> sector=43778543
debian-remix kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev hda,
 sector 43778543

the system then remounts read-only and the system cannot write anything.

I have just downloaded the Seagate diagnostics tool "SeaTools". It is
a bootable CDROM iso image. I will run it and will post the results
here.

Regards.

Ramiro