How can I get Sarge installed on unsupported hardware?

Hello List,

I have a new server with a SATA-II controller.

I haven't been able to install Sarge because the installer doesn't detect the disks and so cannot load the partitioner.

The Etch installer works fine, but then I end up with Debian testing, which is a problem for me since I need stability.

How can I go about getting Sarge installed? Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction please?

Thanks, Andy