scsi probe delay on linux-kernel-2.6.15-1-k7-smp

hello, have a sun workstation and decided to install debian etch on it,
everything goes fine, i installed 2 different kernels
linux-kernel-2.6.15-1-k7-smp and linux-kernel-2.6.15-1-686-smp, when any of
that kernel boots it hangs up several seconds during scsi probe, kernel finds
scsi host 0 controller ,after that drops to shell (busy box shell) because
kernel cannot find the sda1 (the root file system), while im on the shell
kernel finishesthe probe of scsi host controller 2 and finds the sda, then i
press ctrl+D to make the kernel to continue boot seq. , everythig goes fine,
the computer boots normally. there is SunOS already installed on my
workstation, i think SunOS uses linux kernel and trace the probe of scsi
host, see that SunOS kernel finds both scsi host controllers in a second, the
kernels without smp work fine. how can i solve that problem?
also i am noticed that my scsi hardisk seem to be little slow for scsi disks.

hdparm -t /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  226 MB in  3.01 seconds =  75.09 MB/sec

is it normal ? thanks.