Re: USB Card Reader.

Justin Guerin wrote:

This is what you need to do, but it failed because udev didn't create the
special device node.  You can either create it manually with makedev, and
have to create it manually every time, or tell udev to create the
individual partition nodes when the device nodes for the reader are
created.

Sorry this is so late getting back.

I followed the instructions in <http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/126> and now have the device nodes available. Everything *seems* to be working (I get a no media error message if I try to mount an empty slot), yet I get the message:

mount: /dev/card_sm1 is not a valid block device

when I try to mount it.

Any ideas where I've gone wrong?  If you need any more info, just ask.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.