Re: amd64: needed packages for ati drivers

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.2
>>3.7.html#172702
>
> Yes I do, but the problem is that the 32bit packages  that page mentions
> are for RedHat/SuSE, I don't know the names of the corresponding Debian
> packages; I've installed some packages with similar names, but obviously
> I'm missing something, that's why I'm asking for help :)
>
> Regards,
Hi Toshiro,
I am running 2.6.15-amd64 Sid with ATI Radeon 9550. If you're using xorg >=
6.9 then you need to use the ATI drivers from their site. Make sure you
choose the 64 bit version. You just unpack the bin file into a temp
directory and then build and install the .deb packages with the --build-deb
(or something like that) switch. Install the packages with dpkg. Then run
module-assistant to build and install the module. I didn't have to use any
32bit programs in this procedure.
Cheers,
Jonathan