Re: amd64: needed packages for ati drivers

Toshiro wrote:
Anybody know which packages should I need to install to be able to use the ati drivers? I'm trying to use the ati installer (ati-driver-installer-8.23.7-x86_64.run) in sid and I'm always getting errors; I suspect I'm missing some packages.

Thanks in advance.

Did you follow the system recommendations?

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.23.7.html#172702

You need to install some 32-bit software before you can install the ATI
drivers. Someone else on this list is having the exact same problem.
Read the articles titled "updating drivers for an ATI card".