Re: Free VMware beta server experience
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Free VMware beta server experience
- From: Klaus Pieper <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:19:56 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <5Ui61email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
You need to get 3 files: the beta server, the management interface, and
the server console interface.
You only need the server if you connect locally. The management
interface is used for remote startup/shutdown, the console interface for
That does not *seem* to be necessary. But for safety's sake I back up
before the install.
The installation does not touch your existing configuration and anything
is removed cleanly with the uninstall script.