Free VMware beta server experience

Hi,

VMware has a beta server that is free to test.
http://www.vmware.com/download/server//

I found the experience frustrating and quit:

1. I run the 2.6.16-ck1 kernel and the vmware-configure.pl module ran into problems doing an address space size test, I had to fix the code.

2. The login to their site is ridiculous. You have to fill in a form every time you login, even after registration.

3. Documentation is poor. Never found a good description of their networking interfaces and never found out where to get the VMware Management Interface or VMware Server Console Interface.

4. Search options to their forum are poor: you wade through tons of you-know-what.

5. The network installation creamed Sarge and I could no longer dial in. Luckily I do good backups and I backed up to yesterday.

If I were tempted by closed source code besides nVidia, it would be VMware. But I wait this one out a few years ;-)