Re: Netlimiter liike tool

On Friday 24 March 2006 11:07 pm, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Tony Godshall wrote:
> > Looking for things in open source that work EXACTLY like
> > commercial tools in Windows is a recipe for failure.
>
>     Uh, no, it's not.  It's pretty much the foundation of where a lot of OS
> software pulls people away from Commercial applications.  I mean would you
> call someone trolling if they were asking "Is there an office suite like
> Microsoft Office" (OpenOffice.org), or "an email/scheduling client like
> Outlook" (Evolution)?  No.  So sorry, it isn't a recipe for failure...

it's not a recipe for failure for asking. but it certainly becomes one when
you start abusing the people who come up with something close *as best as
they can*. you yourself have suggested that OO.o is a replacement for
MSOffice. and Evolution for MSOutlook.

is openoffice.org *EXACTLY* like MS Office?
is Evolution *EXACTLY* like Outlook?

i can come up with a set of criteria where OO.o would not be as EXACT a
replacement as you seem to think. now, does the person recommending OO.o
deserve a flogging? more to the point, you suggested that OO.o is a
replacement for MSOffice. should i start a flame fest with you?

# apt-get install mind-reader && read-mind
neural-network unreachable.

--

anoop
aaryal@foresightint.com