Netlimiter liike tool

    Ok, this is bugging me immensely.  I'm getting tired of applications on my
linux box hogging all my BW.  Unfortunately most of 'em haven't wised up to
the whole self-limiting of bandwidth.  The primary culprit right now is
Apache.  Every time Google or Yahoo (normally at the same time) decide to pull
links they hit some pictures I have (which are lots) and the rest of my
connections go to hell.  I could limit them with robot.txt, for example, but
that's not what I want to do.  I want to be able to tell Apache (and other
non-self-limiting programs) "you get this much, NO MORE!"

    Yeah, I could do it with iptables and a whole slew of deep magic.  Now, I
have the very same problem on Windows.  Any time one of my games decides to
patch they just happy snarf all bandwidth and crap on the rest of the network.
 Enter a nice utility called Netlimiter.  I open it up.  I tell it "such and
such program gets x and y bandwidth and no more!"  It works.  I'm happy.  No
deep magic involved.  Any similar utility, even if it is just a front for
iptables, for Debian?