Re: a question on motherboard replacement - audio problem

I took another approach. I powered off my computer, unplugged the hard drive and plug a spare hard drive.

I installed Debian in that spare hard drive, run alsaconf, and noticed that the Gnome events sounds are not distorted; under GConf, there's osssink and osssrc (respectively for audiosink and auidiosource); xmms runs well but not with Alsa plugin, it rather uses esd plugin.

Considering the above, I would like to know if I am correct that are certain files that could be copied from this fresh install into the previous hard drive. If I am correct, what would be those files?

Thanks.
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com