RE: Workarround for "No common CD-ROM drive was detected"

> Somewhere I read an explicit recommendation not to download the latest
> images, but that was a few months ago.  I don't remember where I read
it,
> but maybe using a different version of the Etch installer might help.
Mine
> is also a T43, and the image I used worked.

Hello Folks,
	BINGO! A little more search revealed the solution!
I haven't completed the installation, but got past the
problematic issue. And also got a message 'CD-ROM autodetection
was successful'

For completeness, I'm reproducing the steps here:
-------------------------------
1 - boot:
expert BOOT_DEBUG=3

2 - In the shell:
nano /etc/modprobe.conf

add the line:
options libata atapi_enabled=1
save & quit
exit from the shell

3 - Continue the installation. After choosing your language and keyboard
you
can go to the shell (Alt+F2) and verify that you CDROM is there:

cat /proc/scsi/scsi

Found this in a bug report:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=345999;msg=75

Regards,
Atul T
http://the-shaolin.blogspot.com/
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you
want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you
with all they have!