Re: Workarround for "No common CD-ROM drive was detected"

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 06:04:38PM +0530, Atul Talesara wrote:

> My Config: ThinkPad T43 (notebook)
> HDD     : Hitachi PATA
> Optical : Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-822S
> Chipset : Intel 915PM
>
> Debian Etch Beta2 i386:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_beta2/i386/jigdo-dvd/
>
> Surprisingly, I don't see 'ata-piix'
> I don't have a SATA HDD, should I still be seeing this problem?
> Any solutions?
> TIA.

 Somewhere I read an explicit recommendation not to download the latest
images, but that was a few months ago.  I don't remember where I read it,
but maybe using a different version of the Etch installer might help. Mine
is also a T43, and the image I used worked.

Regards,
						Victor