Re: Where to start

Rocky Ou:

>    1. I have ADSL access at the normal speed of 50kB/S. Do I need to
>    download full set CD? I saw somebody says Just need to download few of them.
>    Which CD should I download? If you could give me a URL for downloading the
>    necessary CDS, I would really appreciate it?

http://www.us.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/

You are searching for the netinst images (probably for i386).

>    3. I want to have a place where both Windows and Debian can have
>    access, How can I do it if it is possible?

I use a FAT partition on my dual-boot machines.

>    4. Right now it seems Unstable (sid) does not have CD image to
>    downlod. Can I use Testing CD to install and change the
> sources.listafter Debian is runing on my machine?

There will probably never be installers for unstable, but you can update
to sid at any time so this is no loss. But I think for beginners it is a
lot easier to start using stable ("sarge", currently). If you really
need newer software, go to backports.org. If you still arent content,
upgrade to etch or sid. But be prepared to repair a partially hosed
system.

J.
--
When I get home from the supermarket I don't know what to do with all the
plastic.