Re: Looking for a Debian Sarge installer ISO with megaraid...

The server I'm trying to get Debian Sarge 3.1r1 to work on is a HP NetServer LH3R...the specs are: Dual Pentium III 500MHz processors, 1GB RAM, 6 9GB HDs connected to the embedded HP NetRAID controller (that is what I am trying to get to work, I need it to be seen in order to install Debian because all the servers HDs are connected through it...the reason why I believe the megaraid driver will work for it is because Fedora Core 4 sees the RAID fine with that driver and has been installed via that driver, and Knoppix uses that driver as well to interface with the HDs so I believe it's the driver I need, correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not exactly the best expert on Linux aferall, far from it :-) ) ...RAID is a RAID0 as of now because I want all 54GBs under one driver and the server currently holds no important information, and finally the server has 2 10/100 NICs ...so anyone go a idea how to get Debian to work with the embedded HP NetRAID controller? Thanks! :-)

On 3/19/06, Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> wrote:
On Sunday 19 March 2006 16:40, Hex Star wrote:
> Ah, yeah I tried doing modprobe megaraid and it said module not
> found...how would I go about finding out if the module is included in
> the installer CD and if so what it's called so I can modprobe it?
> Thanks! :-)
>
> On 3/19/06, Greg Madden < gomadtroll@gci.net> wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 March 2006 09:35, Hex Star wrote:
> > > Hi, I'm in need of a Debian Sarge 3.1r1 or similar (one that would
> > > work with the rest of the cds containing the packages that come
> > > with the Debian Sarge 3.1r1 installer CD) that has support for the
> > > devices supported in the kernels already included with the
> > > installer CD and I need it to support the megaraid driver..anyone
> > > know where I can find this? Or perhaps could someone build this for
> > > me please? Or perhaps someone could create a custom installer boot
> > > floppy that satisfies this need? Thanks!
> >
> > I am not 'real' sure  but my guess is megaraid is compiled as a
> > module, I don't have Sarge installed to check, but it is a driver
> > that has been around awhile..Woody, If this is happening during an
> > install switch to another tty, an modprobe the megaraid module, you
> > need to know the actual name, I just used the generic name.

You never mentioned the actual hardware you are using, how do you know it
needs the megaraid module? If you list the actual specifics about the
card, someone who uses it might be able to help.

--
Greg Madden