Re: OpenOffice.Org and Icewm workspaces

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 08:56:14PM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> I use OpenOffice.Org and icewm.  With OOo 2.0.1-5 and icewm 1.2.25-1
> (up-to-date Etch system), I just tried to move all open windows relating to
> a particular project to a workspace of their own (#3) while I worked on
> them.
>
> Whenever I move the mouse over an oowriter window, or use keyboard shortcuts
> to act on menus (e.g. Alt-F, followed by any other key) the viewport is
> suddenly back on Workspace #1!  At first blush, this only happens if the OOo
> document has an automatically-created mailto: link in it.  Any activity
> while that link is showing teleports you back to Workspace #1.  It's quite
> jarring.
>
> No such bug is reported for openoffice.org, and I am NOT going to check
> every one of the over 100 (!) other packages listed on the OOo bug bage.
>
> No such bug reported for icewm either.
>
> Restarting OOo and icewem did not resolve this problem. Am I doing something
> wrong?  I'll bug-report this if nobody demurs fairly soon.
Hi Carl,
so you have different workspaces open with one instance of OO open. You
do something to create mouse movement or key strokes and these actions
are sent to OO, it then has to figure out which window to apply these
action to. OO does not seem to 'know' that you are in workspace #3 and
thus applys it to #1. This sounds like a problem with OO not recognizing
workspaces? Or is the window you are working on not  'selected'?
Cheers,
Kev