OpenOffice.Org and Icewm workspaces

I use OpenOffice.Org and icewm.  With OOo 2.0.1-5 and icewm 1.2.25-1
(up-to-date Etch system), I just tried to move all open windows relating to
a particular project to a workspace of their own (#3) while I worked on
them.

Whenever I move the mouse over an oowriter window, or use keyboard shortcuts
to act on menus (e.g. Alt-F, followed by any other key) the viewport is
suddenly back on Workspace #1!  At first blush, this only happens if the OOo
document has an automatically-created mailto: link in it.  Any activity
while that link is showing teleports you back to Workspace #1.  It's quite
jarring.

No such bug is reported for openoffice.org, and I am NOT going to check
every one of the over 100 (!) other packages listed on the OOo bug bage.

No such bug reported for icewm either.

Restarting OOo and icewem did not resolve this problem. Am I doing something
wrong?  I'll bug-report this if nobody demurs fairly soon.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
   "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your