Re: System hangs at boot

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:48 pm, Leo Britto submitted, for all our perusal:
>----> Hi everyone,
>---->
>----> I have a Debian Sarge 2.6.8 running on my laptop and I
>----> finally got my wireless adapter to work. But when I
>----> reboot it I just cant go pass the jabberd startup.
>----> Earlier it was "hanging" on the MTA startup so I
>----> apt-get remove exim4-base and got rid of it just to
>----> find out that the problem is after it.
>---->
>----> WhenI boot in the "safe mode" (no services i guess) I
>----> can get to the bash w/o problems, start my wireless
>----> and use it.
>---->
>----> How can I found what is causing this problem?
>---->
>----> Thanks for any help,

Not certain if this is any help. However, I have installed Debian on this
laptop about 10 or so times for different reasons, and after a new install on
every occasion It has hung twice on different areas of the boot process.
Usually within the first 10 boots. Then never hung again.

This last time this happened after about 30 boots, hung, I rebooted, hung, I
rebooted and never hung again.

Why it does this, what the system fixes within the software, I have no idea?
But it does this without fail, though always on the 2..4.xx kernel. Self
adjusting?

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

Brilliant Debian Sarge 3.1