System hangs at boot

Hi everyone,

I have a Debian Sarge 2.6.8 running on my laptop and I
finally got my wireless adapter to work. But when I
reboot it I just cant go pass the jabberd startup.
Earlier it was "hanging" on the MTA startup so I
apt-get remove exim4-base and got rid of it just to
find out that the problem is after it.

WhenI boot in the "safe mode" (no services i guess) I
can get to the bash w/o problems, start my wireless
and use it.

How can I found what is causing this problem?

Thanks for any help,