Re: System hangs at boot

Hi,

Leo Britto wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a Debian Sarge 2.6.8 running on my laptop and I
finally got my wireless adapter to work. But when I
reboot it I just cant go pass the jabberd startup.
Earlier it was "hanging" on the MTA startup so I
apt-get remove exim4-base and got rid of it just to
find out that the problem is after it.

Just an idea: if your wireless card is configure on start up, it might expect an internet connection. If you don't have connection (or if your router is on, but not connect to the internet), the system will not find a DNS server. At least for me, this makes the computer hang during the MTA start up (any problem with DNS does), but it does continue after a little while (or not so little -- two minutes, maybe). It seems to me that that might be the problem. Maybe you could try to make sure you have connection, disable connection on boot, or wait and see if the start up continues after a little while.

HTH,

Luis