Re: Can't start X

Mike Smith wrote:

> No, there's no setting in my BIOS for that. And I don't think an i810
> has much memory anyway ;-)

An i810, (in my experience at least) uses shared memory. If your BIOS
doesn't have such a setting, then the BIOS must firm-code it, which
seems a bit odd to me. In that case, you're stuck with whatever memory
the computer manufacturer has allocated.

(btw, it's considered bad etiquette on this list to take conversations
off-list, unless they've drifted off-topic. Thus I've re-routed it to
the list.)

--
Kent