Re: Can't start X

-Etch
-haven't checked yet, I know I have an Intel 810 video card.
-with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
(I tried both the i810 and vesa drivers, with and without fb.)

Hmm, someone needs to get rid of that stupid bot.

On 3/17/06, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
Mike Smith wrote:
> I installed Debian and can't get X to start. It crashes with "***INVALID
> MEM ALLOCATION***" errors (can't paste exact errors, I'm in Windows
> now). Googling a bit shows that it's a pretty common problem, but nobody
> seems to have a solution. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
> Thanks.

Let's start off with:

Which installer? (Sarge or Etch)
What is output of lspci? (this can be done from a console)
How did you configure X? (what video driver, etc)

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto