Re: right click not working on gtk

Roberto Winter wrote:

> On 3/17/06, *Roberto C. Sanchez* <roberto@familiasanchez.net
> <mailto:roberto@familiasanchez.net>> wrote:
>
>     Roberto Winter wrote:
>     >
>     >     > i am not sure which ones i had before.
>     >     > but i guess the whole thing started when i installed some
>     packages so
>     >     > that i could build gimp from cvs.
>     >     OK.  Why did you need to compile GIMP from cvs?
>     >
>     >
>     > does it really matter?!?
>     > it was because the debian package is ooooooooooold. and i am going to
>     > work seriously with graphics so i needed the latest version possible.
>     >
>     In fact it does matter.  If all you need is one newer application, you
>     don't need to run the whole unstable distro.
>

> i run the unstable distro because i want all apps to be as new as
> possible...

Fair enough.

>       Now, the 2.3.7 version
>     (not even six weeks old) is already in the archive.  If you really need
>     some feature that is only available from CVS in the last six weeks, you
>     may want to consider reading my package customization HOWTO:
>
>     http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize
>     <http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize>
>

> i don't want to create debs, just build from cvs.
> anyway I really doubt that building gimp from cvs has broken my gtk. the
Good point.

> thing is:
> i installed some libs that hadn't been updated in a long while, this
> caused the right
> mouse button to stop working.

Did you upgrade *only* those libraries or did you do a dist-upgrade?
Which package manager are you using?

>     As far as the GTK problem, have you checked the bug reports to see if
>     anyone else has reported similar behavior.
>

> i searched google and didn't find anything. i guess it is probably a
> debian related thing.
>
>       Also, have you tried blowing
>     away all your ~/.gnome* and ~/.gtk* directories?  You will lose any
>     settings you have, so you may want to back them up.  But this will at
>     least tell you if you are dealing with a sofware bug or a configuration
>     issue.
>

> i did, didn't work

If you did a dist-upgrade and not just updated a few libraries, then you
may have a real bug on your hands.  Another thing I would test is to
create a brand new user and try logging in as the new user and see if
you still have the same problem.

Also, have you checked to make sure your mouse did not start coming
loose from it's PS/2 or USB port?

>     > again, to anyone who haven't read it, please cc any replies to me
>     since
>     > i don't subscribe the list,
>

> thanks for all your time,
> roberto.