Re: right click not working on gtk

On 3/17/06, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
Roberto Winter wrote:
> hello,
>
> recently i installed newer versions of some gtk libs and now i can't get
> the right mouse button to work on the gtk apps i now of.
> for instance i can't get the menu on 'gnome-terminal' and can't get the
> object properties on 'inkscape' (which is the most annoying thing).
> i suspect there is a problem somewhere and i couldn't start to figure it
> out. no luck on google either. i was wondering if someone has any
>  ideas. for example if i tried 'dpkg-reconfiguring' some libs or even
> re-installing them...
>
> oh, please cc any replies to me, since i am not subscribed to the
> debian-users list.
>
> thanks a lot in advance!!!
> roberto

Are you running Sarge, Etch or Sid?

which one is unstable? i'm running unstable.

 Did the packages come from the
Debian archive, the backports.org site or somewhere else?

most of them came from debian archives, but i do have some other archives on my sources.list

  What versions
of the GTK libs did you have before and what versions do you have now?

i am not sure which ones i had before.
but i guess the whole thing started when i installed some packages so that i could build gimp from cvs.
since i documented every step of the way i know which packages i installed so that could happen, so:
# apt-cache policy libgtk2.0-0 python-gtk2-dev libgnomeui-0 libgnomeui32 libgnomeui-dev
libgtk2.0-0:
  Installed: 2.8.13-1
  Candidate: 2.8.13-1
  Version Table:
 *** 2.8.13-1 0
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.4.4-1 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/guada Packages
     2.2.4-5 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/main Packages
python-gtk2-dev:
  Installed: 2.8.2-3
  Candidate: 2.8.2-3
  Version Table:
 *** 2.8.2-3 0
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.2.0-1 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/main Packages
libgnomeui-0:
  Installed: 2.12.1-1
  Candidate: 2.12.1-1
  Version Table:
 *** 2.12.1-1 0
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.6.1-2 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/guada Packages
     2.4.0.1-12 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/main Packages
libgnomeui32:
  Installed: 1.4.2-32
  Candidate: 1.4.2-32
  Version Table:
 *** 1.4.2-32 0
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.4.2-18 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/main Packages
libgnomeui-dev:
  Installed: 2.12.1-1
  Candidate: 2.12.1-1
  Version Table:
 *** 2.12.1-1 0
        500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.6.1-2 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/guada Packages
     2.4.0.1-12 0
        500 http://sunsite.rediris.es muflon/main Packages

thanks again and please CC to me any replies to this since i do not subscribe to debian-users.
roberto

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez