Re: right click not working on gtk

Roberto Winter wrote:

>     > i am not sure which ones i had before.
>     > but i guess the whole thing started when i installed some packages so
>     > that i could build gimp from cvs.
>     OK.  Why did you need to compile GIMP from cvs?
>

> does it really matter?!?
> it was because the debian package is ooooooooooold. and i am going to
> work seriously with graphics so i needed the latest version possible.

In fact it does matter.  If all you need is one newer application, you
don't need to run the whole unstable distro.  Now, the 2.3.7 version
(not even six weeks old) is already in the archive.  If you really need
some feature that is only available from CVS in the last six weeks, you
may want to consider reading my package customization HOWTO:

http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

As far as the GTK problem, have you checked the bug reports to see if
anyone else has reported similar behavior.  Also, have you tried blowing
away all your ~/.gnome* and ~/.gtk* directories?  You will lose any
settings you have, so you may want to back them up.  But this will at
least tell you if you are dealing with a sofware bug or a configuration
issue.

> again, to anyone who haven't read it, please cc any replies to me since
> i don't subscribe the list,
> roberto

-Roberto

--