Re: Debian X.org 7.0 experimental packages

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 23:09 -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:15:52PM +0000, Michael Ott wrote:

Hello guys!

Does anybody tested the new x.org packages from debian experimental.

How do they work? Are there any problems with installing and using this?
Does anybody tested it on a T43? And can I play tuxracer with them?

Hi Michael,
I have running most of the required packages from experimental.
Experimental pacakges are usually less polished then those in unstable. And
this is no expections. So far I had to edit some file, and fix a few
things to get it running, but I am using the xserver-xorg-video-nv
drivers and most of the requires packages from Xorg 7.0. So if you want
to have to debug some things and enjoy a challange getting it to work, have fun and
test them out! I did.

What's the correct sources.list entry?

I have

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main non-free contrib

and I find this:

$ apt-cache policy xorg
xorg:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1:7.0.4
  Version table:
     1:7.0.4 0
         50 http://ftp.debian.org experimental/main Packages

So I guess the name of the new metapackage to install is "xorg".
Unfortunately I have not yet had the time to play with it.

Regards,
            Florian