Re: moodle config tips? (or, PHP vs POSTGRES?)

On Thursday 09 March 2006 12:22 pm, will trillich wrote:
> On 3/8/06, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> > will trillich wrote:
> > > having a bit of trouble getting moodle off the ground -- any pointers
> > > are welcome.
> >
> > This may sound dumb, but did you bother to read the README.Debian file?
> >  I just took a look at it and it gives reasonably clear instructions on
> > getting moodle up and running with psql.
>
> yup, we bothered. first sentence is "The application should be
> available at http://localhost/moodle/ after install". except no sign
> of life, save for apache serving up zero-length responses. no errors,
> no redirects, no clues.
>
> we did add "allow from 192.168.0.0/16" to the apache conf (otherwise
> we'd get permission denied when browsing from any other box).
>
> whether pg_hba has the original-install settings of
>     local   all         all                               ident sameuser
>     host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
> or the README recommendations of
>     local   all         all                                       password
>     host    all         all   127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   password
> seems to matter not a whit. no difference in results -- empty either way.
>
> we made sure postgres db user had a password, and used that to add
> other users (for our own logins).
>
> during the install, the moodle database was created and the moodle
> user exists, too. but there are no tables, no columns, no data.
>
> SOMEWHERE there's gotta a log file with helpful info in it. we haven't
> found it yet. any ideas?
>
> --
> will trillich
> "Their iz ate errers in these sentance."

Did you make a symbolic link to /usr/share/moodle under /var/www ?
I have to do that with all debian web-type programs I install.....

BBM:/var/www# ls -l moodle
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root www-data 18 Jul 12  2005 moodle -> /usr/share/moodle/

Nothing endures but change.
		-- Heraclitus

Friday Mar 17, 2006