HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:37:46 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.1.2-1.dotdeb.2

0

Connection closed by foreign host.

that's all we get, period, from any php, no matter where in the moodle
tree we go!

we put <?phpinfo()?> at the top of the apache tree and all seems well, there.

during apt-get install, the moodle database (and user) gets created,
with no tables. visiting /moodle/admin generates zero-length response
from the php, and no further setup to the database.

what other kinds of things can we try, to get this moving forward?

===

when we browse to something like localhost/moodle/admin (without the
trailing slash) apache2 correctly redirects us to
localhost/moodle/admin/ (with the trailing slash). that much is
working.

we checked out moodle/doc/install.html (which apache serves up nice as
you please) and all the way down to step 8 is pretty much taken care
of by the apt-get install process. (we did add "AcceptPathInfo on"
according to the instrux, as we're using apache2.)

haven't found anything informative in the postgres logs, at all, and
apache logs reflect that it's doing what it's asked to do. php appears
to not be talking to postgres, with no error messages anywhere.

ideas?

===

$ psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.0.6
[also tried psql (PostgreSQL) 7.4.8, no difference]

$ apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.54
Server built:   Jan  7 2006 13:49:30

tried both libapache2-mod-php4 and libapache2-mod-php5, same results.
php[45]-pgsql are both installed.

aaugh!

--
will trillich
"Their iz ate errers in these sentance."