OT: RSS feed server software?

Hi all;

Maybe someone has a suggestion for some software that can do this
(preferably already packaged for Debian! :-)).

I'm looking for a very simple RSS feed "server" (either standalone or
something with Apache; CGI or mod_* or whatever).  Basically what I want
to be able to do is have a local "news service" with a number of
different feeds that people can subscribe to, where information can be
posted (by admins authenticated with BASICAUTH or whatever) as simple
text files or a simple web editor or something.  Then people can check
the feeds that interest them and get news that way.

I know there are lots of blog engines, etc. which can do this type of
thing but those are kind of overkill for what I'm looking for; I really
am just interested in brief, time-sensitive information like system
downtimes, service upgrade announcements, etc.

I'm pretty noobie when it comes to RSS, etc. although I've installed
both TWiki and b2evolution (by hand, not packaged) and played with the
RSS features of those.  I could use either or both but I'm hoping for
something much simpler and easier to set up/maintain and especially use.

Anyone have any pointers for me?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
        These are my opinions--Nortel takes no responsibility for them.