Re: Is anyone using wake-up on A7N8X deluxe *with* 2.6.15 ?

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> writes:

>> Since, I have quite a lot of trouble even if I don't try to change the
>> wake-up time. Setting up the wake-up time through bios
> ----------------------------------------------------^^^^
>
> huh? If you can't get the wakeup time to work properly through the
> bios, then you have bigger problems that which kernel version you're
> using. What I will say, is my ASUS A7N8X-E requires a reboot after
> setting the time to get it so stick. So I set the time and reboot to
> a dummy kernel that just shuts down the machine. works perfectly.

Foe the record, bios and nvram-wakeup always work when setting the
wake-up time and the "enable" toggle. I always have consistent results
regarding the values stored in the nvram.

It's only that my machine does not alway wake up. So far I've found that:
- the machine does NOT wake up next morning if I use KDM's shut down.
- the machine DOES wake up up if i use "halt"
- The machine does NOT wake up next morning if I power off peripheral
  (printer, screee...) during shutdown sequence (done with "halt")
- The machine does NOT wake up at all after a power failure (general
  220V failure, I don't know the exact english word for this 220V
  power). IN this case, the only thing that restore wake-up if to
  rmmod rtc, modprobe genrtc and perform a halt. I still have to
  figure out the difference between rtc and genrtc wrt wakeup feature...

So I guess that "something" must be done during shutdown which is not
properly done in some cases.

Anyway, before digging further, I'll try the dummy kernel trick. Until
now, I used the standard boot/reboot sequence.

Thanks for the help.

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they