Error connecting to printer via Samba

I'm trying to print to my printer from Debian. The printer (an HP DeskJet 842C) is connected to the main computer which uses Windows XP Pro.  I downloaded and installed the HPIJS driver from the HP sourceforge web-site. I now go to http://localhost:631 so that I can set up the printer and use it.

I think the probem is less the error I got (Unable to connect to CIFS host, will retry in 60 seconds ...) and more I don't know what the URI of the printer is. Or that I'm just a fool.

Here is what I did to set up the printer.

It asks for the name, location and description. I filled out HPDeskJet842C, Kitchen and HPDeskJet842C respectively.
Next, it asks for the device. I choose the option Windows Printer via SAMBA.
It then asks for the device URI. Here, I bellieve is the trouble. What is it? The Workgroup is WORKGROUP The main computer's name is LITWIN and the printer is HPDeskJet842C. So, I put in smb://LITWIN/HPDeskJet842C.
I then select the make and model. That's it.

I clicky then on Print Test Page.

It says Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
"Unable to connect to CIFS host, will retry in 60 seconds..."

What have I done wrong?

Thanks kindly.

Post Scriptum: I've googled a plenty and for many months. I still can't figure out how to do this. It seems to be some thing that is highly difficult for some reason.

Ta.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.