Re: udev blacklisting?

John Schmidt wrote:

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 17:34, Tim Bates wrote:
I have a DVB card that stupidly uses the same PCI ID as the bttv cards.
module being auto loaded by udev. In the past when hotplug was used, I
simply added bttv to the /etc/hotplug/blacklist file. udev seems to
ignore this file and loads the module anyway.

Anyone know where I need to modify things to blacklist it? I've seen
somewhere that said to list it in the blacklist file, which doesn't do
anything. Another place said to add "MODULES={!modulename}" to udev's
rc.conf, but there doesn't seem to be a file by that name, so I'm not
sure where I'd add that. MODULES is also not mentioned in the manual, so
I have my doubts about that one.

Tim Bates

Take a look at putting the module name in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist,
as in

blacklist bttv

or something like that.

John

That causes modprobe to complain about the line. Modprobe says it's ignoring it, but I still don't like the fact that it's telling me that.