Re: distribution upgrade question

Clive Menzies wrote:
On (14/03/06 10:42), Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:45:31 +0100
Thomas Jollans <tjollans@jollybox.de> wrote:

[...]

I'm curious about this. I've been running pure sid for over a year
and have never had anything break <knockwood>.

What is people's experience with this?

I update daily (amd64 and 32bit chroot) and so far haven't experienced
any serious breakages.  Using aptitude and apt-listbugs seems to keep me
out of trouble.

I have the same impression. (I am on i386.) I also find apt-listchanges
useful since it automatically notifies me about all news related to the
occasional changes to overall design, the way configuration files work, etc.

Using a mirror in Europe probably gives me some additional safety as
well, since it adds a slight delay during which the people from the US
will hopefully report all grave bugs.

I would go so far as to say that "Debian Unstable" is an oxymoron.

Regards,
           Florian