Re: distribution upgrade question

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:45:31 +0100
Thomas Jollans <tjollans@jollybox.de> wrote:

> because SID breakes. period. you must know what yu are doing, how to fix
> problems and avoid doing unattended updates or something like that ;)

I'm curious about this. I've been running pure sid for over a year and have never had anything break <knockwood>.

What is people's experience with this?

And yes, I update. probably about once a week, though if I see something critical in the list of packages to upgrade (like anything to do with X) then I'll wait a few more days just in case.

So what sort of breakages? how long? etc.