Re: CUPS to windows 98

Robert Kopp wrote:
--- mslinuz <deb_milist@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

Another impatience question.
I've configured my box to connect to a shared
printer on a windblows98 box.
Setting up is done on CUPS,

<Printer @Win98>
Info
Location
DeviceURI smb://user:password@someip/sharedprinter
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

My setup (which works) involves

smb://MSHOME/computer/sharedprinter

If the authentication for Samba is correct and you
designate the printer as shared in Windows, the
password must not need to be given here. I'm something
of a novice with this myself, but as no one else has
come forward, I'm commenting on it.

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

am not sure this belongs here: but ok, who cares (i hope) looked up your site. saw you read p. feyerabend against method ( anything that goes) a very intersting book indeed. was a part of the seventies a kind of bible for me. together (strange enough) with carlos castaneda' s work. (am an old hippie nowadays).

steef

--

you don't need the weathermen to know the way the wind blows

BOB DYLAN