mutt assistance

hello,

(i know this isnt a mutt user list, however from the chatter on the list
it seems that there is a large portion that uses mutt)

i am test driving mutt and enjoying it. i dont know if ill revert to
evolution, but i'd like to try and get mutt up and running on all
cylinders.

problem 1)

after composing a message it shows up as an attachment in the preview
screen before it can get sent out. i have tried putting the following
line in my .muttrc file:

attachments +I text/plain

though this doesnt seem to make it display inline.

problem 2)

imap access. is there a way to hash the password in the .muttrc file?
(i dont want to have a clear text password in a config file)
right now i have the following line:

set imap_pass="clear-text"

i have read about:

set imap_authenticators="digest-md5:cram-md5"

but to my understanding, these authentication methods still require
clear text passwords in the .muttrc file.

problem 3)

imap folders. right now i have procmail filters setup on the imap server
to put debian-user mail into the file ~/Mail/lists/debian-user. reading
mail in my inbox works just fine; here are the settings i have for that:

mailboxes imap://imap.domain
set imap_user="mzagrabe"
set imap_pass="clear-text"
set spoolfile="imap://imap.domain
set folder="imap://imap.domain/INBOX"

how do i specify other folders that reside on the imap server? and how
do i access them?

i have tried adding the following line to my .muttrc file:

set folder="imap://imap.domain/Mail/lists/debian-user"

and then to access it:

c imap://imap.domain/Mail/lists/debian-user

but that seg faults. so i need to file a bug for that. but in the mean
time, does anyone have any hints?

thanks

-matt zagrabelny