Re: mutt assistance

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:47:11AM -0600, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> problem 3)
>
> imap folders. right now i have procmail filters setup on the imap server
> to put debian-user mail into the file ~/Mail/lists/debian-user. reading
> mail in my inbox works just fine; here are the settings i have for that:
>
> mailboxes imap://imap.domain
> set imap_user="mzagrabe"
> set imap_pass="clear-text"
> set spoolfile="imap://imap.domain
> set folder="imap://imap.domain/INBOX"

Looks okay.  Setting spoolfile may not be necessary; at least I don't
have it.

> how do i specify other folders that reside on the imap server? and how
> do i access them?
>
> i have tried adding the following line to my .muttrc file:
>
> set folder="imap://imap.domain/Mail/lists/debian-user"
>
> and then to access it:
>
> c imap://imap.domain/Mail/lists/debian-user
>
> but that seg faults. so i need to file a bug for that. but in the mean
> time, does anyone have any hints?

I have:
set folder="imap://imap.domain/INBOX."
with a dot at the end, which may or may not be relevant.

Anyway, to access the folder imap://imap.domain/INBOX.Debian (my place
for mail from the debian-user list) I would type:

c=Debian

'=' refers to your 'folder' setting.  Typing

c=<TAB>

should give the list of folders.  (Try pressing the <TAB> key a few
times to see what happens.)

Hm, I wonder if your procmail recipe actually sends your mails to your
home directory instead of to your imap server.  That's surely what it
looks like to me.  Then in your muttrc you may have to add:

mailboxes ~/Mail/
and maybe directly:
mailboxes ~/Mail/lists/debian-user

That assumes that your mail server and mutt run on the same computer.

In my .procmailrc I have:

:0
* ^TO_.*debian-user.*@lists.debian.org.*
|${DEFAULT}.Debian

This uses cyrus as imap server.  Maybe you want something like that.

Well, that's enough info for now. :)

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/