Running debian on athlon X2?

I'm looking at getting a new rig, and I've decided that what I *really* want
is one of those new Athlon64 X2's (cue Homer S. gargling noise).

Since I've been a happy Debian user for over 5 years now, I'd like to stick
with what I know.  But from looking at the web site, I haven't found any
definitive proof that Debian is compatible with such a system.

Can anybody out there tell me if Debian will, in fact, run on such a system.
And, if so, are there any special caveats or workarounds that I should be
awaree of?

Thanks a bunch.
--
Steve Juranich