Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 07:03:03PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> However, I am still doing the destination sorting via kmail, so I could
> pick d-u off before it checks the headers SA adds, but I see little or
> nothing to be gained by that in the real world.
>
> But that is one way I suppose.  I suppose one could write a procmail
> rule to bypass the SA run there, but again, to what real world effect?

One of Steve's major issues appears to be a concern that spam coming
from d-u could train his bayesian filters to establish a positive
correlation between d-u and spam, causing d-u to generate false
positives.  Ignoring SA's headers on d-u mail would do nothing to
prevent this (mis)training of the filters, which would be the reason
to bypass SA entirely for mail from the list.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that