Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

Tim Connors said:
> I think it would would work much easier for you to direct all email
> with debian list headers to not go through your filters at all.

    This is both not desirable and not possible.

    While it is possible to skip my Spamassassin filters it is not
desirable.  I could exclude d.o machines from the SA check but the point
of that check is that incoming mail, regardless of source, is run
through spam/virus checks.  This is to ensure that nothing gets in or
out.  I do mean all mail.  I don't make exceptions for my network or
even the local machine.  The fact that spam does make it through d.o's
filters and onto gives credit to this strategy and is a point on why I
say it is a vector.

    The second one is not possible.  Thunderbird's Bayesian scan is on for
everything in the account or off for everything in the account.  So to
turn it off for d-u would require turning it off for several other
mailing lists as well as my inbox.

    Quite frankly this suggestion only points that there is indeed a problem
here to solve.  If the answer to anyone is for them to lower their
common sense defenses then something is majorly wrong.  It's akin to my
ISP telling me to be able to help me I had to plug my Windows box
directly into the network and remove any and all firewalls between it
and the network.   Is there any person here who would willingly do that
outside the most dire of circumstances?

--
Steve Lamb