Re: Proposed change for subscriptions...

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 08:09:08PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > You also know
> > that to change that policy you need to convince either the lists-masters or
> > the project as a whole.  Abusing the lists-masters on -user won't help.
>
>     Yes, it does.  As I told Anand a person who approaches them in private
> has their voice squelched in private.

You can attempt to convince the listmasters or the project as a whole
in public without abusing them.  (And it would be nice if they also
replied to you in a calm, levelheaded manner as well...)

> A person who brings it out in
> public and gets support from other people in public can start a
> snow-ball effect of even greater public support.

If the public agrees, sure.  But it looks to me like this thread is
pretty much just you against everyone else.  Others may have
approached you in private to say they agree with you, but you don't
seem to be getting much in the way of public support.

> > Seriously, how much spam are you getting from debian-user?
>
>     On a good day, about as equal to what makes it through my filters to my
> inbox.  On a bad day d-u is the major contributor to the spam that makes
> it through my filters.

Your filters must be extremely good for general mail; my primary
inbox gets far more spam in a day than my Debian mailbox receives
(from debian-user and a couple other Debian lists) in a month.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that