Re: MAILTO=/dev/null

Tony Heal wrote:
I have a file named 'custom' in /etc/cron.d and the first line in this file
is MAILTO=/dev/null.
I have a file that is run every minute that tests permissions on a file and
emails me it they have changed. This script is to troubleshoot another
problem.
* * * * *       root     /usr/local/bin/permissions_test.pl
My problem is that now I am getting an email every minute stating
/dev/null@xxxx.com is an unbootable address.
The server is Debian sarge with exim4. How can I stop from getting any emails at all from cron on this file?

From man 5 crontab:
"If MAILTO is defined (and non-empty), mail is sent to the user so named. If MAILTO is defined but empty (MAILTO=""), no mail will be sent. Otherwise mail is sent to the owner of the crontab."