Re: MAILTO=/dev/null

Tony Heal wrote:
I have a file named 'custom' in /etc/cron.d and the first line in this file is MAILTO=/dev/null. I have a file that is run every minute that tests permissions on a file and emails me it they have changed. This script is to troubleshoot another problem.
* * * * *       root     /usr/local/bin/permissions_test.pl
My problem is that now I am getting an email every minute stating /dev/null@xxxx.com is an unbootable address. The server is Debian sarge with exim4. How can I stop from getting any emails at all from cron on this file?

Tony Heal
Pace Systems Group, Inc.
800-624-5999
theal@pace2020.com
please start reading the available info.!!

steef

--

you don't need the weathermen to know the way the wind blows

BOB DYLAN