Re: Where are the kernel sources?

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

Thomas H. George wrote:
I just searched the Debian packages list and found no kernel sources
beyond 2.6.8.  I'm using a kernel built from kernel-source-2.6.11 which
I downloaded from Testing last year.  What has changed?

Tom George

Since Linux is not the only kernel on which Debian can run, beginning
with Linux kernels after 2.6.8, they have all been renamed linux-image
and linux-source for binary images and sources, respectively.  Headers,
documentation and module packages have likewise been renamed.

-Roberto

This should be included in some FAQ as this question is coming up very frequently of late. Any ideas?

raju

--
http://groups.google.com/group/cornell-bazaar/about
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar