RE: VNC client/server combo doing VNC over HTTP

Interestingly enough, I was just looking into a similar thing yesterday.  I have yet to try it out, but here's the info:

Server:
Use apt-get install vcnserver to get vcnserver
Run vncpassword to setup a password which will be encrypted and saved in ~/.vnc/passwd
Run vncserver

Client:
On a linux machine, xvncviewer I read is good.  Simply connect with command: xvncviewr hostname
On a windoze machine, try tightvnc (you're gonna have to google this one). I believe the most recent version is 1.2.8 or 1.2.9

HTH

Glen Yu | 416-739-4861 | glen.yu@ec.gc.ca
Modelling & Integration Research Section
Science and Technology Branch
Environment Canada
4906 Dufferin St., Downsview, ON, M3H 5T4