Re: How to unregister gxine to play Real files in RealPlayer

B.Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've Googled for this but came up with nothing helpful - sorry if it's
> been answered before!
>
> Problem:
> I have until recently played real media files with gxine, which by the
> way did not play files embedded in the web page but always started an
> external instance. No problem.
>
> Today installed RealPlayer10GOLD because I thought this might give a
> superior picture and better (louder) sound. This is true. I also hoped
> it would play embedded in page when specified to do so.
> Another problem encountered was that gxine refused to play real video on
> the BBC site although it worked fine on other sites.
>
> Unfortunately I have no idea how to disassociate gxine and associate
> RealPlayer with rm files.
>
> Anyone sharing how to do this - thanks in advance.
>
> Kind Regards,
> B.Hoffmann

It depends on which desktop environment you're using.  If you're using KDE,
open up the control center, go to KDE Components, File Associations, and
look for the rm mime type.  If you're using Gnome, there's probably some
configuration tool that does that (sorry, but I don't use Gnome, so I don't
know).  If you're using Fluxbox, BlackBox, or some other, then I'm also at
a loss.

Hope that helps,
Justin