Re: Debian not recognizing 1 of my 2 CPUs and sees only 16k cache =(

Yu,Glen [Ontario] wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks for you replies, I've installed the smp kernel
(kernel-image-2.4.27-2-686-smp) but now "cat /proc/cpuinfo lists 4
cpus!  However my supervisor has informed me that they should be
single-core, rather than dual-core Xeons, so I don't how Debian 3.1 is
registering 4 cpus!  I there a different smp kernel I should be
installing instead?

1 CPU (Single Core Intel (Xeons) using Hyperthreading) appear as 2 CPUs
(1 physical + 1 Logical = CPU0 + CPU1) - hence;

2 * (Intel) Xeon CPUs w/HT = 4 CPUs (CPU0,1 + CPU2,3)

The 16KB cache is likely the L1Cache, not L2Cache - but ICBW

perhaps comp.os.linux.hardware would be more appropro a list for
helpful specific info.