Re: udev doesn't creat /dev/audio

>  but it continued and printed successful  the message
> have a lot fun!!!  ???  and what is the relation with
> /dev/audio ??

No loaded audio modules, no /dev/audio device.

> In fact I copied theses modules *.ko from another
> machine, and put them in the same place,  which has
> exactly same caracteristique ( same kernel
> 2.6.8-2-386), because 2.6.8 doesn't contain the
> modules I compile it on another machine from the
> alsa-source.
> On the original machine it is working.

Why did you copy the modules? Those modules are provided by the
linux-image package.

[ atrus ]$ dpkg -S snd-hda-intel.ko
linux-image-2.6.12-1-686:
/lib/modules/2.6.12-1-686/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko
[ atrus ]$

You should reinstall your linux-image package and install alsa-base and
alsa-utils.

> thanks for help
> bela
> best regards