problem with dhcp, might be firestarter related

Hello,

I have strange problem with dhcp, that might be somehow related to firestarter. But not necessarily directly. I did so many different things with my network setup simultaneously that I'm not sure, what's causing my current problem.

So what I did was try to convert to using dhcp in my home lan. But at the same time, I converted from using customized (by the ifconfig package) network device names back to standard 'ethN' kind of names, and this somehow causes my current problem. My network device name for my home lan used to be 'lan'. I configured firestarter to use dhcp on that interface 'lan'. I did however have some problems with dhcp possibly due to my using non-standard interface names, so I switched back to using 'eth1' as my lan interface name.

But I still couldn't get dhcp to start. I tried upgrading my dhcp server to the latest one (dhcp3-server) and what not, but nothing seems to work (I'm using debian unstable btw). Now I've uninstalled firestarter and purged the configuration files of it temporarily and try to use dhcp3-server directly to enable dhcp, and I get this result in my sysconfig when I try to start dhcp3-server:

Mar  8 13:03:25 server dhcpd: Wrote 0 leases to leases file.
Mar  8 13:03:25 server dhcpd: Multiple interfaces match the same shared network: lan eth1
Mar  8 13:03:25 server dhcpd: Bind socket to interface: No such device

So, somewhere in my config files there's still a dangling reference to that old 'lan' interface that doesn't exist anymore! I've tried to grep through all the config file in /etc and /var and /usr/share but haven't found anything. I have a feeling that either dhcp ver.2.0 or firestarter is the source of that reference but I'm not sure. I ask you guys if you can think of a place, where this reference might be? I don't understand this, is there possibly a binary file that grep can't read that might hold the old information?

Thanks in advance,

Juhis